Your cart is currently empty!
UFC Vegas 82 Results: Allen vs Craig
UFC Vegas 82 results are here for review. The UFC aired this Fight Night on Saturday, November 18, 2023 live from the UFC APEX in Las Vegas, NV. Prelims kicked off at 1:00PM CST. The main event featured top 15 middleweights Brendan Allen against Paul Craig.
MMA middleweight standouts Brendan ‘All In’ Allen and Paul Craig took the stage at the main event of UFC Fight Night Vegas 82. Allen was riding a five fight win streak while Craig won his middleweight debut against Andre Muniz by 2nd round KO this July. Divisional standings and tensions were high for these two top 15 middleweights.
At the start of the round, Craig wanted nothing to do with touching gloves before the fight, looking as intense as ever. Shortly into the fight, Craig had Allen pressed against the cage looking to get his hands locked and drag the fight down. It was Allen however, who threw a nasty knee to the body and followed it with a trip that took Craig down. For a moment Craig had Allen in some real danger with a calf slicer but the submission was adverted and the scramble got them back to their feet. A moment later and Allen had Craig on his back eating elbows and working from guard.
In round 2 Allen was quick to take the center of the octagon when the two exchanged punches and Craig looked like he was on skates. Craig shot for a double but Allen ended up on top and in guard. Elbow after elbow came from Allen for the remainder of the round cutting open Craig and leaving him battered for the coming round.
Round 3 – Allen opened the round with a slick body head combination and followed it up with a guillotine choke. The two scrambled slightly as Allen used the opportunity to take his back and secure a rear-naked choke and got the tap.
In the end, Brendan Allen continued his winning streak and will likely not be cutting his hair anytime soon. Winner by 3rd round submission, Brendan Allen.
Undefeated phenom Michael Morales looked to put his forth UFC win on his resume when he met up against Jake ‘The Celtic Kid’ Matthews, who was coming off a submission win.
In round 1, the fighters started to feel each other eventually with a variety of jabs and leg kicks. Matthews appeared to be the aggressor and generally held the center of the octagon. It was indeed a close first round with Morales landing more leg kicks and significant strikes.
In round 2 the striking exhibition continued in the second round with neither fighter subsequently interested in taking the fight to the ground. With a little over a minute into the round, Morales was aggressively striking from the clinch. It was another close round with neither fighter making much of a claim for the round until the ten second marker sounded and Morales stole the round with some big boxing shots.
The final round was upon us, and neither fighter was out of this match yet. An unintentional low blow from Matthews gave Morales a brief time out while he was aloud to recover. Just under two minutes left in the fight and Morales got his pay back landing a kick to Matthews crotch. The two went at it until the bell and left it to the judges scorecards.
Finally, the judges scored the fight 30-27, 29-28, 29-28 for Michael Morales, who remains undefeated.
UFC Vegas 82 Results: Allen vs Craig
Main Card (AIRED ON ESPN+ AT 4:00PM CST)
- Brendan Allen #10 (23-5-0), (-425) vs Paul Craig #13 (17-7-1), (+330) – middleweight bout – Allen b
- Michael Morales (16-0-0), (-305) vs Jake Matthews (19-7-0), (+245) – welterweight bout – Morales by unanimous decision
- Chase Hooper (13-3-1), (-218) vs Jordan Leavitt (11-3-0), (+180) – lightweight bout – Hooper by round 1 submission
- Payton Talbott (7-0-0), (-800) vs Nick Aguirre (7-2-0), (+550) – bantamweight bout – Talbott by 3rd round submission
- Luana Pinheiro #9 (11-2-0), (+195) vs Amanda Ribas #10 (13-4-0), (-238) – women’s strawweight bout – Ribas by 3rd round KO/TKO – performance of the night
- Uros Medic (9-2-0), (+200) vs Myktybek Orolbai (12-1-1), (-245) – welterweight bout –
PRELIMS (AIRED ON ESPN+ AT 1:00PM CST)
- Jonathan Pearce (14-5-0), (-130) vs Joanderson Brito (16-3-1), (+110) – featherweight bout – Brito by 2nd round submission – performance of the night
- Chad Anheliger (12-7-0), (+164) vs Jose Johnson (16-8-0), (-198) – bantamweight bout – Johnson by 3rd round submission
- Christian Leroy Duncan (9-1-0), () vs Denis Tiuliulin (11-9-0), () – middleweight bout – Duncan by round 2 KO/TKO
- Mick Parkin (8-0-0), (-375) vs Caio Machado (1-1-0), (+295) – heavyweight bout – Parkin by unanimous decision
- Jeka Saragih (14-3-0), (+390) vs Lucas Alexander (8-4-0), (-520) – featherweight bout – Saragih by 1st round KO/TKO
- Lucie Pudilova (14-9-0), (+154) vs Ailin Perez (9-2-0), (-185) – women’s bantamweight bout – Perez by unanimous decision
- Trey Ogden (16-6-0), (+114) vs Nikolas Motta (13-5-0), (-135) – lightweight bout – No contest
- Charles Johnson (13-6-0), (+124) vs Rafael Estevam (12-0-0), (-148) – flyweight bout – Estevam by unanimous decision
That’s a wrap for the UFC Vegas 82 results. We hope that you enjoyed this article and if you feel so inclined, then sign up for our newsletters below. Finally, check back with us after the UFC’s next event scheduled Saturday, December 2, 2023 from the Moody Center in Austin, TX. It’s a stacked Fight Night card airing on ESPN+ at 6:00PM CST with a main event of Beneil Dariush #4 vs Arman Tsarukyan #8 in the lightweight division.