Your cart is currently empty!
UFC London: Aspinall vs Tybura Results: Aspinall Drops Tybura in Round One
UFC London, Aspinall vs Tybura, went down live on Saturday July 22, 2023 from the O2 Arena in London. It was an eventful night of fights and Michael Bisping got a moment in front of his fellow countrymen. However, the night was punctuated by first round finishes in both the main and co-main events.
In the main event, Tom Aspinall looked to have a good homecoming by facing #10 Marcin Tybura who won 7 of his last 8 fights, with 10 first-round finishes.
Aspinall came in a large favorite to win, by oddsmakers and fans alike, and it didn’t take very long to see why. He landed a heavy high kick that looked like Tybura may not enjoy the rest of the evening.
A little later in the opening minute and Aspinall found a home for some punches followed by a big front kick and then an elbow came that stumbled the big man. A few punches to follow and Tybura was on his back with Aspinall all over him. The referee came in to stop it shortly after giving Aspinall the 1st round TKO victory.
After the fight Aspinall stated he wanted the winner of Ciryl Gane vs Serghei Spivac, to setup a title fight in the next showing. It seems a likely scenario and would definitely revitalize some interest in a Jones title defense.
‘Meatball’ Molly McCann has been a star on the rise, however, when she took on Lithuanian, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu specialist Julija Stoliarenko she quickly found herself in the deep water.
Both women appeared to have prepared well for the matchup. However, there is only so much a fight camp can prepare a fighter for the ground game of a fighter with Stoliarenko’s skill set.
Stoliarenko did enough to survive less than two minutes on the feet before she was able to take Molly to the ground, transition to her back and then secure an arm-bar submission that had McCann tapping in no time. Hopefully Molly didn’t suffer any serious injury from the submission and congratulations to Stoliarenko who walks away with her best performance to date.
UFC London Results
MAIN CARD (AIRED ON ESPN+ at 2:00PM CDT)
- Tom Aspinall #5 (12-3-0), (-475) vs Marcin Tybura #10 (24-7-0), (+350) – heavyweight bout – Aspinall by 1st round TKO – Performance of the Night
- Molly McCann (13-6-0) vs Julija Stoliarenko (10-8-2), – women’s flyweight bout – Julija by 1st round submission (arm-bar)
- Nathaniel Wood (20-5-0), (-205) vs Adre Fili (22-10-0), (+175) – featherweight bout – Wood by unanimous decision
- Paul Craig (17-6-1), (+185) vs Andre Muniz #14 (23-6-0), (-215) – middleweight bout – Craig by 2nd round TKO – Performance of the Night
- Jai Herbert (12-5-1), (+135) vs Fares Ziam (14-4-0), (-155) – lightweight bout – Ziam by unanimous decision
- Lerone Murphy (13-0-1), (-140) vs Josh Culiabo (11-2-1), (+120) – featherweight bout – Murphy by unanimous decision
PRELIMS (AIRED ON ESPN+ at 11:00AM CDT)
- Davey Grant (15-7-0), (+135) vs Daniel Marcos (15-0-0), (-155) – bantamweight bout – Marcos by split decision
- Danny Roberts (18-8-0), (-115) vs Jonny Parsons (9-2-0), (-105) – welterweight bout – Parsons by 2nd round KO/TKO – Fight of the Night
- Marc Diakiese (16-7-0), (+165) vs Joel Alvarez (19-3-0), (-195) – lightweight bout – Alvarez by 2nd round submission
- Mick Parkin (7-0-0), (+135) vs Jamal Pogues (10-4-0), (-165) – heavyweight bout – Parkin by unanimous decision
- Makhmud Muradov (26-8-0), (-335) vs Bryan Barberena (18-11-0), (+260) – middleweight bout – Muradov by unanimous decision
- Ketlen Vieira (14-3-0), (-150) vs Pannie Kianzad #7 (17-6-0), (+130) – women’s bantamweight bout – Vieira by unanimous decision
- Chris Duncan (11-1-0), (-140) vs Yanal Ashmouz (7-1-0), (+120) – lightweight bout – Ashmouz by unanimous decision
- Shauna Bannon (5-1-0), (+130) vs Bruna Brasil (9-3-1), (-150) – women’s strawweight bout – Brasil by unanimous decision
- Jafel Filho (15-3-0), (-115) vs Daniel Barez (16-6-0), (-105) – flyweight bout – Filho by 1st round submission
That wraps it up for the UFC London results. If you enjoyed this article and want to see more of our UFC MMA action (and we certainly hope you do), follow the link. Check back with us for the next UFC Saturday, July 29th for UFC 291. That’s when the UFC holds the BAMF title for Dustin Poirier #2 vs Justin Gaethje #3 in the lightweight division. Also, the co-main event will feature #3 Jan Blachowicz vs #2 Alex Pereira in his light heavyweight debut. Order on pay-per-view through ESPN+.