Your cart is currently empty!
UFC Fight Night Singapore Results – Blessed Once Again
UFC Fight Night Singapore results are here from this Saturday (August 26, 2023) live event from the indoor arena in Singapore. The event aired on ESPN+ at 7am CDT and featured #1 flyweight Max Holloway vs #8 ‘The Korean Zombie’ Chan Sung Jung.
In the main event, Max ‘Blessed’ Holloway defended his #1 featherweight bout against #8 ‘The Korean Zombie’ Chan Sung Jung.
The first round was very competitive with both fighters finding success on their feet. At one point Chan Sung Jung had Holloway rocked on his feet and Holloway answered with a stunning punch of his own that hand Jung reeling.
The second round had Zombie nearly out again and Holloway was hesitant to follow up as he looked like he believed he was out. He finally jumped on Jung when he saw there was no stoppage coming but ‘The Korean Zombie’ survived the following choke attempt. A few more striking exchanges concluded the round where both fighters again found success.
The third round, in a five round scheduled event, had Zombie come out swinging for the fences. Like a man with nothing to lose Chan Sung Jung came out blazing. Throwing hey makers and punch combinations Holloway was on the back foot. Max saw his opportunity and threw a big counter punch that found it’s mark and shut the lights out for the Zombie.
At the end of the fight Max was humble in his winning and praised ‘The Korean Zombie’ for his toughness and contributions to the sport. Moments later Michael Bisping interviewed Chan Sung Sung who announced his retirement from mixed martial arts. Thanks Chan Sung Jung, it was a pleasure to watch your martial arts.
In the co-main event of UFC Singapore, Anthony Smith #8 met with Ryan Spann #10 for the second time. In their first fight Anthony Smith took advantage of the ground game of Ryan Spann and secured a rear naked choke late in the first round. This fight showcased a much improved Spann.
In the first round Anthony Smith came out in a traditional Muay Thai stance. It became apparent that Anthony Smith would be utilizing a game plan with a lot of leg kicks. A little more than halfway through the round and Spann began to open up on his feet until Smith shot a single and took Spann down. With a minute left the two were back on their feet exchanging punches until the round ended.
The second round picked up right where the first left off. Smith shooting for big leg kicks and Spann throwing some big power shots. One of the power shots connected to Smith’s left eye (possibly a left hook) and he was on the matt defending Spann trying to finish it. The second half of the round had Smith and Spann on their feet until the bell. With the damage and knock down, it definitely appeared to be a round for Spann.
The two hugged it out in the beginning of the third round. For the entire third round the two fighters stayed on their feet and slugged it out. Honestly, the third round could have gone either way. However, the judges gave the fight to Smith in a split decision victory. The stats show just how competitive this fight was. 28-29, 29-28, 29-28 ended up being the final scorecard in Anthony Smiths favor.
UFC Fight Night Singapore Results
MAIN CARD (AIRED ON ESPN+ at 7:00AM CDT)
- Max Holloway #1 (24-7-0), (-850) vs Chan Sung Jung #8 (17-7-0), (+520) – featherweight bout – Holloway by round 3 KO/TKO
- Anthony Smith #8 (37-18-0), () vs Ryan Spann #10 (21-9-0), () – light heavyweight bout – Smith by split decision
- Giga Chikadze #9 (15-3-0), () vs Alex Caceres #15 (21-14-0), () – featherweight bout – Chikadze by unanimous decision
- Rinya Nakamura (8-0-0), () vs Fernie Garcia (10-4-0), () – bantamweight bout – Nakamura by unanimous decision
- Erin Blanchfield #3 (12-1-0), () vs Taila Santos #4 (19-3-0), ()- women’s flyweight bout – Blanchfield by unanimous decision
- Junior Tafa (5-1-0), () vs Parker Porter (14-9-0), () – heavyweight bout – Tafa by 1st round KO/TKO
- Waldo Cortes-Acosta (10-1-0), () vs Lukasz Brzeski (8-4-1), () – heavyweight bout – Cortes-Acosta by 1st round KO/TKO
- Toshiomi Kazama (10-4-0), () vs Garrett Armfield (9-3-0), () – Armfield by 1st round KO/TKO
- Chidi Njokuani (22-10-0), () vs Michal Oleksiejczuk (19-6-0), () – middleweight bout – Oleskiejczuk by 1st round KO/TKO
- Song Kenan (20-7-0), () vs Rolando Bedoya (14-3-0), () – welterweight bout – Kenan by unanimous decision
- Billy Goff (9-2-0), () vs Yusaku Kinoshita (6-3-0), () – Goff by 1st round KO/TKO
- Liang Na (17-7-0), () vs JJ Aldrich (12-6-0), () – women’s flyweight bout – Aldrich by 2nd round KO/TKO
- Seungwoo Choi (10-6-0), () vs Jarno Errens (13-5-1), () – featherweight bout – Choi by unanimous decision
That’s a wrap for the UFC Fight Night Singapore results Max ‘Blessed’ Holloway vs ‘The Korean Zombie’ Chan Sung Jung. We hope that you enjoyed this article and if you feel so inclined, then sign up for our newsletters below. Check back with us for the next UFC Saturday, September 2nd for UFC Fight Night Paris. The #2 heavyweight Ciryl Gane will take on #7 Serghei Spivac. Also, the co-main event will feature women’s flyweights #2 Manon Fiorot will face the #2 strawweight Rose Namajunas featured in our top 10 female fighters of all time.