Your cart is currently empty!
UFC Fight Night Pavlovich vs Blaydes results – Pavlovich Drops Anvils
The UFC Fight Night Pavlovich vs Blaydes results are in for another UFC APEX event in Las Vegas, NV. The event was held Saturday, April 22, 2023 and aired on ESPN+ with prelims starting at 3:30pm CDT.
The main event featured heavyweight Russian #3 Sergei Pavlovich against American fighter and 3 fight win streak #4 Curtis Blaydes. The title implications are high for this fight. Jon Jones is set to fight Stipe Miocic at some point this year which may end up being his last. With that stated a title fight for either fighter wasn’t likely in 2023.
The men worked from the center of the octagon and Pavlovich connected with a couple of good punches that Blaydes wincing early. Blaydes responded with a couple of punches of his own that found their mark. Blaydes began to mix some leg kicks in before a Pavlovich right hand floored Blaydes briefly. They immediately got back at it and a left handed jab from Pavlovich had Blaydes on roller skates. The power of Pavlovich was apparent as he continued to rock Pavlovich until with just under two minutes remaining Blaydes turtled up and the referee came in to stop it. Pavlovich by 1st round TKO.
Brad Tavares faced off against Bruno Silva in a middleweight bout. It was a big opportunity for both fighters were comming off of a loss in their last fight. Silva lost by 3rd round submission to Meerschaert in August 2022 and Tavares to Du Plessis by decision in July 2022.
Tavares came out fast and began to establish his boxing early. Silva remained calm and weathered the storm for the first minute. Silva began to work with his range hitting his jab but eating an occasional body kick for the effort. Neither fighter seemed interested in going anywhere other than striking. With just under two minutes remaining Silva countered Tavares with a right hook that stunned Tavares. Another right, left, knee and finally a big right hand sat Tavares down. The referee wasted no time to call the match with protests from Tavares. Silva by round 1 TKO.
UFC Fight Night – Pavlovich vs Blaydes Results
Main Card (Aired on ESPN+ at 6:00pm CDT)
- Sergei Pavlovich #3 (18-1-0), (+120) vs Curtis Blaydes #4 (17-4-0), (-140) – Heavyweight bout – Pavlovich by 1st round KO/TKO (performance of the night)
- Brad Tavares (19-9-0), (-165) vs Bruno Silva (23-8-0), (+140) – Middleweight bout – Tavaers by round 1 KO/TKO (performance of the night)
- Bobby Green (29-14-1), (-260) vs Jared Gordon (19-6-0), (+220) – lightweight bout – no contest (due to accidental headbutt which KO’d Gordon)
- Iasmin Lucindo (14-5-0), (-385) vs Brogan Walker (8-4-0), (+290) – women’s flyweight bout – Lucindo by unanimous decision
- Jeremiah Wells (12-2-1), (-110) vs Matthew Semelsberger (11-5-0), (-110) – Welterweight bout – Wells by split decision
Prelims (Aired on ESPN+ at 3:30pm CDT)
- Ricky Glenn (22-7-2), (-155) vs Christos Giagos (20-10-0), (+135) – Lightweight bout – Giagos by 1st round KO/TKO (performance of the night)
- Rani Yahya (28-11-1), (+450) vs Montel Jackson (14-2-0), (-600) – bantamweight bout – Jackson by 1st round KO/TKO (performance of the night)
- Karol Rosa (16-5-0), (+195) vs Norma Dumont (9-2-0), (-240) – women’s featherweight bout – Dumont by unanimous decision
- Mohammed Usman (10-2-0) vs Junior Tafa (4-1-0) – heavyweight bout – Usman by unanimous decision
- Francis Marshall (7-1-0) vs William Gomis (12-2-0) – featherweight bout – Gomis by split decision
- Brady Hiestand (8-2-0) vs Batgerel Danaa (12-5-0) – bantamweight bout – Hiestand by 3rd round KO/TKO
That wraps it up for the UFC Fight Night Pavlovich vs Blaydes results. If you enjoyed this article and want to see more of our UFC MMA action (and we certainly hope you do), follow the link. Check back with us for the next UFC Saturday, April 29, 2023 when the UFC APEX hosts the next Fight Night when Chinese fighter Song Yadong #8 and 5-fight win streak Ricky Simon #10 face off for a top 10 bantamweight bout.
Finally, if you liked this article, then hit the like button and subscribe to our newsletter. Thank you for allowing us to be your source for news and current events in the world of mixed martial arts.