Your cart is currently empty!
UFC Fight Night Dawson vs Green Results
The UFC Fight Night Dawson vs Green results are in for the Saturday, October 7, 2023 event held in Las Vegas, NV in the UFC APEX. All the action was available on ESPN+ with the main card starting at 6:00PM CDT and prelims at 3:00PM CDT.
The main event in this contest featured #10 lightweight Grant Dawson fighting to put together four wins in a row. Bobby Green was his opponent, who was undoubtedly looking to follow up his submission victory against Tony Ferguson in July.
Dawson came out looking for a big shot throwing a couple of haymakers which basically met air. A straight left hand from Green landed and Dawson hit the canvas undeniably hurt.
The fight lasted altogether 33 seconds. With little more than a straight left hand causing the stoppage. A few follow up shots on from Green and the referee had therefore seen enough. The fight was ruled a 1st round Green TKO.
Big things seem to be happening for the entertaining MMA veteran. Some talk of having him fight again in December, for the stacking UFC 296 card at the T-Mobile arena, will unquestionably be answered soon.
The co-main event was Joe ‘Bodybagz’ Pyfer looking to follow up two first round knockouts. He was matched against Abdul Razak Alhassan who was looking to use the rising start as a catapult after his 2nd round knockout against Claudio Ribiero in January.
Joe Pyfer looked especially strong in this fight. He started by charging across the octagon and taking his opponent down while attempting an arm triangle submission. Alhassan weathered the triangle attempt only to find Pyfer throwing some heat on his punch combos and shortly after secured a takedown. Leg kicks appeared to be getting Alhassan some accumulated damage but Pyfer answered with some big punches. Alhassan made it through the round but it was definitely 10-9 for Pyfer on the cards.
In between rounds Alhassan told his corner he couldn’t find his timing. Despite the declaration Alhassan was backing up Pyfer with some leg kicks. About two minutes into the round and Pyfer had enough of the kicks and closed the gap with strikes until he was able to secure a double and lifted Alhassan high and slammed him down hard.
From the top position, Pyfer was consequently able to secure the arm triangle. With a quick shift to side control, Alhassan was tapping with a closed fist (which doesn’t count in MMA), a second later and Alhassan was asleep. Winner by round two submission via arm triangle, Joe Pyfer.
Undoubtedly, a bright future is on it’s way for Joe Pyfer, if he is able to continue to perform at this level. His striking certainly seemed to really affect Alhassan. His one-two combination looked to subsequently be enough to shut the lights out against most of the opposition in the division. Joe ‘Bodybagz’ Pyfer is a fighter worth taking notice.
UFC FIGHT NIGHT Dawson vs Green Results
MAIN CARD (AIRED ON ESPN+ AT 6:00PM CDT)
- Grant Dawson #10 (20-2-1), (-500) vs Bobby Green (31-14-1), (+380) – lightweight bout – Green by 1st round KO/TKO
- Joe Pyfer (12-2-0), (-345) vs Abdul Razak Alhassan (12-6-0), (+275) – middleweight bout – Pyfer by 2nd round submission
- Alex Morono (23-9-0), (+154) vs Joaquin Buckley (17-6-0), (-185) – welterweight bout – Buckley by unanimous decision
- Drew Dober (28-12-0, 1NC), (-395) vs Ricky Glenn (22-9-2), (+310) – lightweight bout – Dober by 1st round KO/TKO
- Alexander Hernandez (14-7-0), (-118) vs Bill Algeo (18-7-0), (-102) – featherweight bout – Bill Algeo by unanimous decision
- Karolina Kowalkiewicz #15 (17-7-0), (-142) vs Diana Belbita (15-8-0), (+120) – women’s strawweight bout – Kowalkiewicz by unanimous decision
- Nate Maness (15-3-0), (+235) vs Mateus Mendonca (10-2-0), (-290) – flyweight bout – Maness by 1st round KO/TKO – Performance of the night
- Vanessa Demopoulos (10-5-0), (+300) vs Kanako Murata (12-3-0), (-380) – women’s strawweight bout – Demopoulos by unanimous decision
- Aoriqileng (25-10-0), (-108) vs Johnny Munoz (12-4-0), (-112) – bantamweight bout – Aoriqileng by unanimous decision
- Montana De La Rosa (12-9-1), (-130) vs JJ Aldrich (13-6-0), (+110 – women’s flyweight bout – Aldrich by unanimous decision
That’s a wrap for the UFC Fight Night Dawson vs Green Results. We hope that you enjoyed this article and if you feel so inclined, then sign up for our newsletters below. Finally, check back with us after the UFC’s next event scheduled Saturday, October 14th 2023 from the UFC APEX for UFC Fight Night Yusuff vs Barboza on ESPN+ prelims start at 3:00PM CDT.