Your cart is currently empty!
UFC 295 Results Prochazka vs Pereira
UFC 295 results are in for Prochazka vs Pereira at the Madison Square Garden in New York. Two titles were on the line this Saturday, November 11th 2023 with the main card airing live on pay-per-view at 9:00PM CST. An excellent night of which all the main event fights were ended by KO/TKOs.
In the main event, the return of the long awaited light heavyweight champion, Jiri Prochazka vs the rise of former middleweight champion Alex Pereira. Prochazka spent over a year out of competition due to a serious shoulder injury suffered during his training camp for the rematch of Glover Teixeira at UFC 282. The belt has remained elusive with Jamahal Hill most recently relinquishing the title due to injury.
The first round went down with plenty of action from both fighters. Prochazka kept finding success with some unorthodox striking and a couple of upper cuts but it was the leg kicks from Pereira that took the biggest toll. A takedown from Prochazka, with some decent ground control time which included big elbows from the top, undoubtedly kept the round competitive.
The second round had a large feeling out process before each fighter began to open up with their striking. Prochazka connected with a big right hand that had Pereira on the back foot nearly half way through the round. Pereira recovered and answered back with some heavy leg kicks and striking of his own. Prochazka charged in with a flurry of shots which Pereira answered with a short punch that dropped Prochazka. Prochazka shot in out of desperation for a double but Pereira answered with shots to the side of the head and began using his elbow which had Prochazka back on the matt and the referee saw enough.
Winner by second round KO, Alex Pereira. Pereira went on to call out Israel Adesanya much to the displeasure of audience member Jamahal Hill. Alex went on to mention that he was unsure of how long Hill would be sidelined with his injury and is interested in defending the title soon.
The co-main event featured the two most dominant fighters in the division duking it out accordingly, for the interim title. Jon Jones was originally slated to headline with Stipe Miocic but had to withdrawal due to a torn pectoral. The interim title match has received a bit of scrutiny but the severity of Jones injury could sideline him for around 8 months. The new matchup had fight fans chomping at the bit with a title shot in hand or not.
Pavlovich vs Aspinall delivered heavyweight results in an undoubtedly high stakes bout. Both fighters showed extreme respect for one another at the start of the match, even embracing each other as the matchup started.
Round 1 Aspinall opened up with an especially heavy leg kick to get things started. Aspinall bated Pavlovich with feints which consequently Pavlovich followed up with a punch flurry that found some results. Then it was Aspinall’s turn to open up with some boxing and a right hand clipped the top Pavlovich’s head which put Pavlovich on skates. Another right hand and Pavlovich was on the canvas with Aspinall right behind finishing the show.
Accordingly, in just over one minute of the UFC 295 co-main event, Tom Aspinall secured the interim heavyweight UFC title. Fans may be on standby for a while to see him defend it, as the UFC hasn’t decided how Jones vs Miocic and Jones’ injury will hinder the process, Aspinall could be a reigning force in the division.
UFC 295 Results: Prochazka vs Pereira
Main Card (Aired on Pay-Per-View 9:00PM CST)
- Jiri Prochazka #1 (29-3-1), (+102) vs Alex Pereira #3 (8-2-0), (-122) – light heavyweight title – Pereira by 2nd round KO – performance of the night
- Sergei Pavlovich #2 (18-1-0), () vs Tom Aspinall #4 (13-3-0), () – heavyweight interim title – Aspinall by 1st round KO – performance of the night
- Jessica Andrade #5 (24-12-0), () vs Mackenzie Dern #7 (13-3-0), () – women’s strawweight bout – Andrade by 2nd round KO – performance of the night
- Matt Frevola #14 (11-4-1), (+185) vs Benoit Saint Denis (13-1-0), (-225) – lightweight bout – Saint Denis by 1st round KO – performance of the night
- Diego Lopes (23-6-0), (+100) vs Pat Sabatini (18-5-0), (-120) – featherweight bout – Lopes by 1st round KO – performance of the night
PRELIMS (AIRED ON ESPN+ AT 7:00PM CDT)
- Steve Erceg #14 (11-1-0), () vs Alessandro Costa (13-4-0), () – flyweight bout – Erceg by unanimous decision
- Tabatha Ricci #10 (9-2-0), (+142) vs Loopy Godinez #13 (12-3-0), (-170) – women’s strawweight bout – Godinez by split decision
- Mateusz Rebecki (19-1-0), (-650) vs Roosevelt Roberts (12-5-0), (+470) – lightweight bout – Rebecki by 1st round submission
- Nazim Sadykhov (9-1-1), (-120) vs Viacheslav Borshchev (7-3-1), (+100) – lgithweight bout – Majority draw
Early Prelims aired on UFC Fight Pass at 5:00PM CST
- Jared Gordon (21-6-0), (-198) vs Mark Madsen (12-3-0), (+164) – lightweight bout – Gordon by 1st round KO/TKO
- John Castaneda (21-6-0), (-135) vs Kyung Ho Kang (19-10-0), (+114) – catchweight bout – Castaneda by unanimous decision
- Joshua Van (9-1-0), () vs Kevin Borjas (9-2-0), () – flyweight bout – Van by unanimous decision
- Dennis Buzukja (11-4-0), (+210) vs Jamall Emmers (20-7-0), (-258) – featherweight bout – Emmers by 1st round KO/TKO
That’s a wrap for the UFC 295 Results: Prochazka vs Pereira. We hope that you enjoyed this article and if you feel so inclined, then sign up for our newsletters below. Finally, check back with us after the UFC’s next event scheduled Saturday, November 18th, 2023 from the UFC APEX in Las Vegas, NV. That card will feature top middleweights Brendan Allen #10 against Paul Craig #13 on ESPN+.