Your cart is currently empty!
UFC 292 Results – Sterling vs O’Malley – Sean O’Malley Shuts Down Sterling
The UFC 292 results went in the books on Saturday, August 19th from the TD Garden in Boston. The event was headlined by two title fights as Aljamain Sterling faced contender, Sean O’Malley. The women’s strawweight title also went on the line as Zhang Weili looked to defend against Amanda Lemos.
In the main event Aljamain Sterling looked to defend his bantamweight title from up and coming superstar Sean O’Malley. Aljamain had cemented himself as possibly the greatest bantamweight of all time after his defense against Henry Cejudo.
After the fight with Sterling and Cejudo, O’Malley made his way into the cage in an effort to amp up the fight. That face off resulted in O’Malley losing his jacket and some bad blood brewing.
The fight started with the eager fighters making their way to the center of the octagon. The first round was pretty even with Sterling peppering some inside leg kicks into O’Malley’s lead leg. At the end of the round Aljamain shot in for a takedown but could not secure it.
Round two began and Sterling was looking to send some punches the way of O’Malley but O’Malley stepped in and timed a big overhand right as Sterling was moving forward.
It was an extremely well placed and timed shot that earned O’Malley the title and the performance of the night.
In the co-main event Zhang Weili put her title on the line when she faced the #5 women’s strawweight competitor Amanda Lemos.
This fight was very one sided as Zhan Weili showed Amanda Lemos that there was no chance for her to take the belt while Weili had something to say about it. In the first round a D’Arce choke was the only offense offered up by Lemos. She attempted to go for it again and the slam pictured below was the only pay off.
Zhang Weili was showing her dominance in every facet of the fight. Whether the fight stayed on the feet or went to the mat, Weili was the dominant aggressor and controlled the fight. When she was tired of striking she would set Lemos down with her wrestling.
The D’Arce choke was obviously the strategy that Amanda Lemos was looking to secure. Weili would give no concessions, however, and it ended up being a one sided decision for the still reigning champion Zhang Weili.
UFC 292 RESULTS
- Aljamain Sterling #c (23-4-0), (-258) vs Sean O’Malley #2 (17-1-0), (+210) – bantamweight title bout – O’Malley by 2nd round TKO
- Zhang Weili #c (23-3-0), () vs Amanda Lemos #5 (13-2-1), () – women’s strawweight title bout – Weili by unanimous decision
- Neil Magny #11 (28-12-0), (+380) vs Ian Machado Garry #13 (13-0-0), () – welterweight bout – Garry by unanimous decision
- Da’Mon Blackshear (14-5-1), (+240) vs Mario Bautista (12-2-0), (-298) – bantamweight bout – Bautista by unanimous decision
- Marlon Vera #6 (20-8-1), (-198) vs Pedro Munhoz (20-7-0, 2NC), (+164) – bantamweight bout – Vera by unanimous decision
- Chris Weidman (15-7-0), (+220) vs Brad Tavares (20-9-0), (-270) – middleweight bout – Tavares by unanimous decision
- Gregory Rodrigues (14-5-0), (-355) vs Denis Tiuliulin (10-8-0, 1NC), (+280) – middleweight bout – Rodrigues by 1st round KO/TKO
- Austin Hubbard (16-7-0), (-180) vs Kurt Holobaugh (21-7-0, 1NC), (+155) – lightweight bout – Holobaugh by 2nd round submission
- Brad Katona (15-2-0), () vs Cody Gibson (20-9-0), () – bantamweight bout – Katona by unanimous decision
- Andre Petroski (10-2-0), (-238) vs Gerald Meerschaert (35-17-0), (+195) – middleweight bout – Petroski by split decision
- Andrea Lee #13 (13-8-0), (+280) vs Natalia Silva (16-5-1), (-355) – women’s flyweight bout – Silva by unanimous decision
- Karine Silva (17-4-0), (-148) vs Maryna Moroz (11-5-0), (+124) – women’s flyweight bout – Silva by 1st round submission
That’s a wrap for the UFC 292 results Sterling vs O’Malley. We hope that you enjoyed this article and if you feel so inclined, then sign up for our newsletters below. Check back with us for the next UFC Saturday, August 26th for UFC Fight Night Singapore. The #1 featherweight Max Holloway will face #8 Chan Sung Jung. Also, the co-main event will feature #8 Anthony Smith against #10 Ryan Spann in the light heavyweight division.